What is Java bean
A farm, Be all is a software’ component that has been designed “to be reusable in a variety of different environments. There is no restriction on the capability of a Bean. It may perform a simple function, such as checking the spelling of a document, or a complex junction, such as forecasting the performance of it stock portfolio. A Dean may be visible to an end user. One example of this is a button on a graphical user interface. A Bean may also be invisible to a user. Software to decode a stream of multimedia information in real time is an example of this type of building block. Finally, a Bean ‘may be designed to work autonomously on a user’s workstation or to work in cooperation with a set of other distributed components. Software to generate a pie chart from a set of data point’) is an example of a Bean that can execute locally. However,« Bean that provides real-time price information a stock or ‘J orotundities exchange. would need to work in cooperation with .other distributed software to obtain its data.
Advantages of Java Beans
A software component architecture provides standard mechanisms to deal with software building blocks. The following list enumerates some of the specific benefits that Java technology provides for at developer:
• A Bean obtains all the benefits of Java’s “write-once, run-anywhere” paradigm. II The properties, events, and methods of a Bean that are exposed to an application builder tool can be controlled.
• A Bean may be designed to operate correctly in different locales, which makes it useful in global markets.
• Auxiliary software can be provided to help a person configure a Bean. This software is only needed when the design-time parameters for that component
‘are being set. It does not need to be included in the run-time environment.
• The configuration settings of a Bean can be saved in persistent storage and restored at a later time.
• A Bean-may register to receive events from other objects and can generate events that are sent to other objects.